Monday, August 1, 2011

Accountability report

1. Today I finished a story. It's my first completed story since last summer's workshop.  The piece was originally conceived as one of two parts--it being "reward" and its companion piece, "ruin", I haven't quite figured out the ending for "ruin", and so "reward" must stand on its own for the moment. It fits in quite nicely with my imaginary collection entitled, "Hooves & Tails."

2. For the past two or three weeks, I've been working on a different story altogether. It is a dark story, with several problems. And so, although I've come to love the two characters in the last two days, I think I'll give that story a rest and move on to other things.

3. I'll be working on two to three other stories all due before the end of September.  This on top of this year's second major project and revisions to first major project, and putting in an application for an MA degree.

4. Attended a moving mass celebrating the Feast of St. Ignatius. Beautiful story about forgiveness retold by the homilist, who had worked among Vietnamese refugees. Moved to tears by a Cambodian chant that was incorporated into the opening song.

No comments:

Post a Comment