Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A poetry prompt inspired by your travels

The older I get, the less my body likes traveling. I do think about it from time to time--like I think about the pleasure of eating dessert (which I don't care for very much in real life).

Here's another way of thinking about one's travels.

From Poetry&Writers' "The Time is Now":

Have you ever stepped onto foreign soil--whether it be another town, state, or country--and immediately felt like you were in a different galaxy? Or conversely, have you traveled to a seemingly faraway place only to find that it felt surprisingly just like home? Write two short poems about places you have visited or passed through, and explore your expectations and feelings of familiarity or strangeness in each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment