Thursday, August 4, 2011

Non-controversial blind items

Yesterday, a good meeting with an artist and renowned book designer with whom I am collaborating on a longstanding project, capped by the good news that he is spending more time painting again. Also the day I  happen to: (1) hear the producer of indie films talk about what he and his professional partner-filmmaker had to go through to produce two of the films showing at Cinemalaya sa UP--apparently, half a million pesos is peanuts even in the indie-film producing world, and they spent all their prize winnings from the previous year's indie sensation to produce what is a budget film, even by indie film standards (If that isn't pure love for the art, then I don't know what is.); and (2) in the course of settling one's obligations, see and hear a gifted young writer gush about Jennifer Egan's A Visit from the Goon Squad (now that was too short a meeting).

Mercury may be in retrograde (late night meeting was postponed without anyone informing me; two hours wasted and all that gas wasted traveling from QC to SJ), but I was nevertheless energized when I got home, the energy sufficient to power me through a tutorial session on environmental principles with an 8-year-old, and working on a story until early this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment