Wednesday, July 25, 2012

News, news, news

It's been awhile. Life (mostly grad school; academia; some legal work; motherhood) has gotten in the way of faithful blogging (and, alas, writing!), but we'll try to rectify that.

1. A short op-ed piece I'd written for Rogue Magazine's features editor, Clinton Palanca, showed up in Rogue's July issue (Iza Calzado on the cover, yo).

2. Philippine Speculative Fiction Volume 7 will be launched on Saturday, 28 July, 2 pm, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf at the Shangri-la Plaza Mall. I have a very short piece there, "What the Body Remembers", which I now think can be expanded into a lengthier piece of work. Thank you, Kate and Alex Osias, for accepting the piece-now-new-work-in-progress. I can't wait to see the PSF faithful gathered at the launch. PSF book launches are always so much fun.

3. Speaking of book launches. I was at Rosario Cruz-Lucero's launch of La India, or The Island of the Disappeared yesterday afternoon. It's an awesome, awesome book (boy, I do like saying 'awesome', don't I? :P), with a beautiful cover by Peque Gallaga. I'm a big fan of Chari's, and so had dropped by UP University Press last Friday to preview the book. My goodness. I couldn't wait to get a copy (but wait, I did, to avail the P50 discount enjoyed by everyone at the launch).

All copies at the launch were sold out by early evening. Goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment