Here are notes from an early morning conversation with someone about the continuing reflection on poetics (Apparently, the process of reflection is not yet complete, notwithstanding the paper I submitted last Wednesday):
1. Reading list: life.after.theory (Derrida, Moi); Escobar; Spivak; Foucault; Habermas; Butler; Kristeva; B. Anderson; Authentic, not Exotic; J. Neil Garcia dissertation; maybe: all those fiction theses/poetics essays by Chinese-Filipino students)
2. If poetry: Identity/Performance (as Filipino, as other); Why Ms. Bracken
3. If fiction: Reading people/text, narratives (of power); Form/style of story texts; Freedom/agency vis-a-vis text; inherent goodness of thinking subject [?]; writing in two modes--slipstream/realist; what it means to write in a particular 'style'
4. Cognition as binary and the possibility of/conditions for imagination; imagination as an act of faith/hope?
5. Self/textual awareness in Philippine society (or lack thereof); the contribution of literature; aesth/et[h]ics
He said I was funny. And that I was a "self-nerd". :( I think what he meant was, masalimuot ang aking pag-iisip. As neeneroodles puts it: Oh well, papel. It is what it is.
I'm thinking seriously about the final project, because I intend to finish everything by 2013. And if I want to make my life manageable, a huge chunk of the thinking and writing ought to be accomplished this (the first) summer.
If anyone would like to suggest further readings, given the concerns listed above, you're more than welcome to do so. :) And I will reward you with hugs and cupcake. :D