Monday, January 2, 2012

Books in Bed

Yesterday's Menu

The God Equation & Other Stories, by Michael A.R. Co
Fairy Tale Fail, by Mina V. Esguerra
----------

Was only too happy to finish up The God Equation on one of the three beds at the cottage we rented at Sonya's Garden (two queen-sized, one king-sized, not counting the daybed inside the main room, and the daybed inside one of the cottage's two bathrooms. Have never seen so many beds in embroidered, luxury linen.). I still like the story, "In the Eyes of Many," the most. Maybe because in this story, the speculation required by speculative fiction is about the law. I think it's an excellent piece of work (with shifting POVs, which is something presently of interest to me).

Also pleased to have re-read in this collection, The Off-Season, which, together with The God Equation, made me think that I should send Ma'am Chary Lucero copies of these stories (she's looking for noir-ish stories written by Pinoys).

And because I wasn't that sleepy yet (far from it) when I finished the collection, I decided to re-read the delightful Fairy Tale Fail by Mina V. Esguerra, who happens to be Michael A.R. Co's wife. This couple's amazing.

Up next: Jorie Graham!

No comments:

Post a Comment