Friday, October 7, 2011

Serendipity, You Are Here.

I just finished re-reading You Are Here, by Mabi David, and several things have helped me along in my growing sense of wonder over the achievement of that book:

1. Earlier this week, G posted his commentary on the book. (A much better one that I can ever hope to write, which is why I link to it instead.)

2. Mabi David herself, just posted a short note on her poetics based on a discussion she and others had at Ateneo de Naga.

3. I've been wondering about those derricks that open the section, Itinerary, and here they all are, apparently.

4. The little one's Aralin Panlipunan recent lessons are about war memorials--Corregidor, Dambana ng Kagitingan, the Leyte Landing Memorial.

5. It's T's birthday! T writes about war memorials and violence too.

--------------------
Still thinking about the book.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment